The quality is controlled internally and externally by the Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute ZAG Ljubljana.
The manufacturer gives the product warranty for the quality and functionality of the product from the date of purchase for:
- Products 2 years
- Hardware 5 years
- Glass 5 years
The wooden components of the Glin Nazarje Company fulfil all requirements and capacities of the quality production criteria in the procedures of preparation, processing and manufacture of the wooden components. Wood is natural, living material where there is a possibility of colour, structural and mechanical derogations which do not constitute a complaint. Detailed information on the warranty and complaint terms and conditions can be found below or you can contact the authorised commercialist. We reserve the right to change terms and conditions.
The manufacturer will respond within 8 days after receiving a written complaint and will remedy the deficiencies on the basis of an agreement with the customer no later than within 45 days from the receipt of the complaint. The written declaration must contain a detailed description of the deficiency, customer’s address, telephone number and must be accompanied with a copy of the supply order and the invoice.
The warranty does not exclude the consumer’s rights arising from the liability of the seller for faults in the goods. The warranty shall fully apply if the guidance on handling the product and its regular and timely maintenance are followed.
The manufacturer warrants that he will provide service maintenance and all the necessary spare parts against payment for at least three years after the expiration of the warranty period.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE VALIDITY OF THE WARRANTY AND COMPLAINT:
- Wood is natural and living material and can be expected to vary in structure and colour. These characteristics cannot always be removed with the surface treatment and thus, the colour variations are allowed.
- Products with basic impregnation are not protected against UV radiation or humidity. Such products may not be stored outdoors for a longer period of time nor may they be installed in such state for a longer period of time – they shall be appropriately coated as soon as possible.
- The products (including glass) shall be properly protected during the installation. The protection – adhesive tapes – must be removed as soon as possible after the completed work and dirt must be cleaned immediately.
- Hitting of the wing in window reveal must be prevented in order not to damage the hardware.
- Care should be taken for regular ventilation (a signal for ventilation is a misty window) so that no too high humidity occurs (especially during the construction). Otherwise the long-term high humidity can cause swelling and bending of the wooden parts, major damage on the surface, hardware corrosion, paint stripping, etc.
- The elements of wooden components must be regularly cleaned and maintained. Only nonaggressive agents can be used for the cleaning (best is soapy water or mild detergent) and soft cloth. The wooden elements must afterwards be wiped with a dry soft cloth.
- Eventual damages (scratches, impressions, etc.) must be repaired as soon as possible. The wooden surfaces must be treated with care products for wood.
- The hardware parts may not be painted when protecting the surface. The hardware parts must be regularly examined and screwed down if needed. The moving parts must be oiled with a fine machine oil once a year. A more frequent oiling of the hardware is necessary in extreme conditions (high humidity).
- The seals must be protected or removed when painting the windows so that they are not painted. The seals must be cleaned and oiled once a year to preserve the sealing capacity.
- Handles must be appropriately maintained and cleaned. The changes regarding darkening, oxidation and scratches do not constitute a reason for the complaint.
- The significant temperature fluctuations can cause the bending of cross bars inwards or outwards in windows with cross bars of larger dimensions.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- If the purchase price is not paid or if there is no original evidence of supply and payment of the product
- At inappropriate storage or manipulation of the goods by the customer
- At inappropriate use or irregular maintenance of the product, unauthorised operations on the product or in case of unauthorised installation of the product
- For products manufactured in accordance with the request of the customer in spite of the warnings by the manufacturer of a too large derogations from a certain type of product from the production programme of the manufacturer
- In case of direct exposure of the product to: increased temperature, mechanical force, fire, water, sea water and chemicals before and after the installation in the object
- In case there is no adequate living climate guaranteed, namely temperature from 15-23ºC and relative humidity from 30-50%
- For products which are not finished or finally surface treated before the installation
- For defects and damages resulting from the failure to communicate or remedy the damages in due time
- We do not offer a warranty for the shutters with fillings or vertical bars
- For pitch wood (larch) where the pitch can leak out to the surface what does not constitute a reason for complaint
- Defects and damages resulting from the improper manipulation, unauthorised installation, incorrect application of the product or incorrect maintenance, are not subject to the complaint.
- Any additional work executed on the product by the customer, which can influence the quality and functionality of the product does not permit the complaint.
- Non-compliance with the professional advice considering the selection of the model, colour and type of the wood for the product that is the subject of the purchase, excludes the possibility to use the warranty.
- CE declarations
- IFT certificate